Session Previews 2023
Introducing the 2023 Masters of Email Marketing Metrics
10 Questions, 10 Chances to Prove That You’re an OI Master of Email Metrics! Starting in April, you’ll be able to take the quiz, then attend this session to find out how you did. We’ll walk through all the answers, providing support for each one and taking questions. Then we’ll announce the names of those who got them all right to earn the title ‘OI Master of Email Marketing Metrics.’
- The difference between descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics – and why it matters
- Why click-through rate (CTR) is rarely a good key performance indicator (KPI)
- How business metrics differ from diagnostic metrics –and how to effectively use both in your reporting
- Much more about how to improve your email marketing results by upping your metrics IQ
Bedside Manner for Brands / Interpreting Voice to Tone
Bedside Manner for Brands is a topic I love – because when you’re copywriting, you always need to take tone into account, but our brand voice guides rarely give us the guidance we need to get our tone just right as we traverse the customer journey. This presentation outlines a framework that will help you infer the likely mood and needs of your customer at any point in the customer journey, allowing you to test and develop the correct tone. Because getting your tone right leads to a better experience, and in turn, brand loyalty.
Innovating Email Marketing on a Global Scale: How Ergotron Scaled its Email Program to Meet the Demand for Worldwide Automation
Ergotron is a US-based global ergonomics company offering a massive product portfolio catering to the workplace and healthcare verticals with teams in China, the Netherlands and Minnesota. In the last 5 years, their email marketing has grown significantly, from only North America to 7 unique EMEA regions plus APAC, and from one language (English) to six. They message multiple unique audience segments ranging from B2C & B2B online buyers, to a B2B reseller channel, to product end-users across all regions, sending to over 200,000 contacts monthly.
Yet there were multiple challenges with scaling. Their legacy ESP was antiquated, limited and not supported by IT, so they needed a new platform which would integrate with the company’s CRM and support global compliance and preferences centers. They also needed technology to automate and optimize production workflows, routing and approvals. And they desired better reporting and intelligence to power ongoing optimization.
Join us for this innovation case study to learn how on a shoestring budget, Ergotron
- Conducted an in-house ESP search in record time and migrated to a platform better suited to their needs
- Developed hyper-efficient email marketing campaign request, scheduling and production processes at global scale
- Leveraged automation, managed global differences in permission and data compliance, and handled language and localization versioning
- Innovated global email operations to more easily evolve and scale in the future