AGENDA - London 2018
Email Innovations Summit - London - Day 1 - Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
Dave Chaffey will explore trends in how email marketing is evolving to be better integrated with other lifecycle marketing activities including on-site messaging, personalization and re-targeting and the future roles of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Catherine Loftus from TrustedHousesitters will share insights and ideas on how to build and optimise your email conversion programmes. In this session, you’ll discover:
- Why email optimisation goes beyond your ESP
- How to build email programmes that will always have your back
- The importance of being bold in your testing
- Why you sometimes have to break the rules!
Email marketing is the bread and butter of most marketing strategies, but creating and running email campaigns continues to be difficult to execute. As a result, many brands feel they’re not doing what they need, and spend 8 hours a day working to just achieve the basics. In this talk we’ll explore the challenges of the email process, and how revolutionising how email teams work enables sending better email, quicker and at a larger scale – ultimately not only improving ROI but also team success.
The DMA publishes 3 major pieces of email research each year: what the consumer thinks about email marketing; what the Marketer thinks about email marketing and what the data *actually* tells us about email marketing. But which – if any - of these are true and can apparent contradictions in one actually lead us to deeper truths in another?
Email Innovations Summit - London - Day 2 - Thursday, October 18th, 2018
Has the dust settled or just been kicked up even more? We're going through the biggest change and challenge to data-driven and digital marketing for a generation. I'm writing this synopsis 4 days before GDPR comes into force and the exciting thing is that nobody knows what the landscape looks like over this horizon. In this session we'll be looking at what what happened, why, what it means specifically to permission-based marketing, focusing on email, and what it means to you. And we'll look at what we know about ePrivacy and the specific changes to marketing permission through email, SMS and one-to-one messaging
With only 28% of companies implementing lifecycle programmes, 26% dynamic content and 24% behavioural targeting, the need to further harness customer behaviour to provide a highly relevant email experience is prevalent. Join Kate Barrett from eFocus Marketing in this session and discover:
- How to put the customer first in everything you do for increased results
- What is the RIGHT data to collect for your business and the best ways to obtain it
- How to use this data to deliver a highly relevant experience that leaves your subscribers wanting more
In this presentation delegates will learn how the British Heart Foundation implemented creative email strategies that not only keep up the level of engagement, but also make fundraising fun and build a sense of community for their supporters. Key take-aways:
1. Hot to keep the members of your list engaged throughout their customer journey
2. Leveraging your existing database to gain new members and increase their level of send
3. Delivering engaging and personalized email with every send
Background Images in email have a mixed reputation, and are often avoided. But using them in the right way allows to create impactful designs, increase creative options, help to frame content, improve user experience, and open the door to more emotional designs with a modern approach. In this talk we’ll be covering everything you need to know about background images from design, development and to your audience.
Giffgaff does mobile differently with no shops, no call centres and no contracts. It means their members stay because they want to, not because they have to. So learn how giffgaff have revamped their email welcome journey to provide greater member retention, how they're measuring their success and share the lessons learned.
There are three main jobs a copywriter has to tackle with when writing for email: subject lines, body copy, and Call-to-actions. If you want to learn about techniques and road-testing tips in action for all three copywriting challenges, then this session is for you.
Come and join the ride through Virgin Holidays transformational journey towards a unified customer experience and see how AI has played a major part during this journey. Saul will show you how the Virgin Holiday Team:
· Converted communications from transactions to inspiring conversations by incorporating AI
· The change in culture, of trust to transform and support Virgin Holidays digital transformation.
· How internal collaboration helped to transform the customer experience
· The data consolidation effect from CRM, online, retail and other sources for better customer visibility.